The Shambhala Archives and the Chögyam Trungpa Legacy Project are working together to preserve the teachings and the legacy of the Vidyadhara, the Venerable Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche, and the Shambhala Lineage. Read the most recent newsletter: http://chogyamtrungpa.com/join-newsletter-v1.html
In honor of the 25th anniversary of Chogyam Trungpa’s parinirvana on April 4, 2012, Ocean of Dharma Quotes of the Week is having a contest to give away one book by CTR for 25 days beginning April 4. The contest is sponsored by Shambhala Publications.
They are also offering a discount on all CTR books through April, with a discount code.
To learn more and to enter the contest: http://live.shambhala.com/learn-more/chogyam-trungpa/blog/
On April 4, 1987, the Vidyadhara, the Venerable Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, the beloved founder of Shambhala, left his human form. On this 25th Anniversary of his parinirvana, there are many special events happening around the world to honor his precious life, vast teachings, outrageous wisdom and infinite compassion.
Read about some of the special commemorations:
— On 1 April, Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche will bestow the Sadhana of Mahamudra Abhisheka in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Read more…
— The Chogyam Trungpa Legacy Project, together with the Halifax Shambhala Centre and the Shambhala Archives, created an exhibit at the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The title of our exhibit is Great Eastern Sun: The Shambhala Community in Nova Scotia. It runs from February 8 through April 21, 2012.
- To see a photo slideshow of preparing the exhibit, please visit: http://chogyamtrungpa.com.
- View a video tour of the exhibit from the Shambhala Sun.
- A filmed curated tour of the Great Eastern Sun exhibit led by Carolyn Gimian, which will be available shortly.
- Listen to a CBC radio broadcast about the exhibit and the role of the Shambhala community in Nova Scotia.
— On Saturday 31 March, the Shambhala Community in Nova Scotia will host a public conference at Pier 21 in Halifax titled: Nova Scotia — Our Strengths, Our Future. Read more….
— The Konchok Foundation is offering a five-panel exhibit of text and color photographs titled, “Celebrating the Life and Legacy of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche in Tibet,” which will focus on new information about the life of the Vidyadhara in Tibet which has only come to our attention in the past decade. This will be made digitally available to Shambhala Centers soon.
— The Konchok Foundation is also releasing a new DVD, Glimpses of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche’s Life and Legacy in Tibet, as a donation gift in conjunction with the commemoration of his parinirvana, and to support the new shedra at his monastery–Surmang Dutsi Til. The 42 minute film includes video and photos of his birthplace at Geje, an on-location explanation of the Vidyadhara’s terma sites at Kyere by Karma Senge Rinpoche and interviews with people who knew him in Tibet, including his brother Damcho Tenphel Rinpoche and Chime Palmo, the consort of Khenpo Gangshar. The DVD is available at: http://www.konchok.org
— Ocean of Dharma Quotes of the Week is having a contest in honour of this anniversary to give away one book by CTR for 25 days beginning April 4, sponsored by Shambhala Publications. They are also offering a discount on all CTR books through April, with a discount code. To learn more and to enter the contest visit: http://live.shambhala.com/learn-more/chogyam-trungpa/blog/
— The Chronicles of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche has a rich array of ongoing tributes. Read more…
— The Nalanda Translation Committee is planning several publications related to The Sadhana of Mahamudra, some completely new and others new editions:
- The Sadhana of Mahamudra: Resources for Study is a collection of articles and excerpts, mostly by the Vidyadhara, along with our more literal translation of the Sadhana, and a new 20-page glossary.
- In commemoration of the parinirvana, we are producing for the first time a “Funeral Edition” (just a little dark-red humor), an edition of the Sadhana used for funerals, composed by the Vidyadhara.
- The Sadhana of Mahamudra abhisheka booklet (without feast offering).
- The Sadhana of Mahamudra Feast Offering (for tantrikas only).
- Talks on The Sadhana of Mahamudra, given by Changling Rinpoche (for tantrikas only).
- Later this year, we plan to produce a deluxe hard-cover edition of the Sadhana with color photos of the visualization.
For more information, and to order any of these, please see: http://nalandatranslation.org/publications/SoM:
— The Shambhala Times has created a special tribute page for the 25th Anniversary of the Parinirvana. Everyone is invited to post a tribute, memory, story, or other offering. Please visit: http://shambhalatimes.org/category/vctr-tributes