A unique experiential approach that brings joy, mindfulness, imagination, spontaneity & play into life & the creative process.
Free Introductory Workshop: Tues. Sept. 6, 7:30-10pm
8 Week Session:
Tuesdays, Sept. 13 – Oct. 1
$90-$110 (some scholarships available)
Location: Hipbone Studio, 1847 E. Burnside, #104 (enter from parking lot)
This workshop is suitable for everyone interested in exploring creativity, presence and being in-the-moment. We also like to laugh a lot and have a lot of fun!
We will explore:
• Developing moment to moment awareness and presence
• Playing with the expressive possibilities of movement, sound and spoken word.
• Improvising with structures that encourage authenticity and develop imagination
• Collaborating with others through empathy.
• Developing comfort communicating with an audience
• Working from a foundation of joy & alert relaxation in both life & art.
Anet Ris-Kelman was Scott Kelman’s assistant for over 10 years, is a member of the Tuesday Group & performs in Portland & LA. She danced professionally in NYC with Daniel Nagrin’s improvisation group, ‘The Workgroup’, and in LA with the ‘Rudy Perez Performance Ensemble”, among others. Her video art poems won a national prize and have shown internationally. She has received grants from the City of LA for theater and video projects.
What people are saying about the workshops:
• “This amazing work, that Anet teaches so brilliantly, has informed and benefited everything I have done: as a teacher, workshop facilitator, performer, mindset coach, and entrepreneur. “Can ‘presence’ be taught?” Anet proves that the answer to that question is a resounding yes! This work rocks!”
• “These are invaluable tools for performance that enable greater focus & fresh approaches.”
• “Anet is a wonderfully direct and present teacher and the work is deeply challenging and fun.”
• “This work helped me to be more conscious-in-self rather than self-conscious.”
• “Transformative”, “Direct skill training in how to stay present”, “Fun”